RIIWHS204D – Work Safely at Heights
This unit covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes: identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment; performing work at heights; and cleaning up the work area.
This unit specifies the competency required to undertake safe working practices when working at heights or depths.
Locate and apply relevant documentation, policies and procedures demonstrate consistent timely completion of work at heights that safely, effectively and efficiently meets the required outcomes on a minimum of three (3) separate occasions including:
- access, interpret and apply technical and safety information for working at heights
- assess hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- select wear and care for personal protective equipment identify required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- check that fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
- perform work safely at heights
- correct storage an checking of equipment
- clean up site on completion of work
1 day – 8.30am to 3.30pm
Course Cost $250.00 Port Kembla
All courses require the full amount to be paid prior to make a successful booking. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Corporate clients, following a successful credit reference check, will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14 day account.
Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS or Cash.
- Prior to enrolling in this course you will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) please visit usi.gov.auand ensure you have at least one form of identification
- Prior to enrolling in this course you will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) please visit www.usi.gov.au and ensure you have at least one form of identification
- You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables the safe performance and understanding of Legislation and obligations.
- You must supply a form of identification that includes your name, photo and signature
- Wear comfortable and practical clothing and enclosed footwear
- Tea and Coffee and Lunch is provided (if conducted at our facilities), local shops are nearby
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training
Theory and practical demonstrations.
All participants meeting the assessment criteria will be issued with a Certificate of Attainment.
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course within 7 days of the course commencement the $50.00 course deposit will retained by Achieve Training and Assessment Services for administration fees. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided notice was given at least prior to the course commencement time.
In the event of a corporate client if Achieve Training and Assessment Services was not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training the full course fee will be applicable.
If Achieve Training and Assessment Services cancels the training course, and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.