CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
This unit specifies the outcomes required to undertake Work Health and Safety (WHS) induction training within the construction industry.
This unit of competency supports the attainment of the basic WHS knowledge required prior to undertaking designated work tasks within any of the sectors within the construction industry
- Identify WHS Legislative requirements and duty of care
- Basic principles of risk management
- Safe Work Practices (SWPs)
- Identify construction hazards and control measures
- Identifying safety signs and symbols
- Identify WHS communication and reporting processes
- Identify WHS incident response procedures
- Selection and use of PPE
- Identify safety equipment
7 nominal hours 8.30am – 3.30pm
Achieve Training and Assessment Services Pty Ltd
RTO : # 90659
Training Facility : 13A Princes of Wales Avenue, Unanderra NSW 2526
Postal Address : PO Box 223, Dapto NSW 2530
Phone : (02) 4275 6050
- Prior to enrolling in this course you will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) please visit www.usi.gov.au and ensure you have at least one form of identification
- You Must be a minimum of 14 years of age
- You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables the safe performance on a construction site
- You must supply 100 points of identification, including (1) form of current photo identification
- Wear comfortable and practical clothing and enclosed footwear
- Tea and Coffee and Lunch is provided (if conducted at our facilities), local shops are nearby
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training
Participants will be facilitated in a number of ways including both practical and theory activities and a knowledge written/verbal assessment. Face to face training will be under the guidance of one of our qualified and experienced trainers who hold the relevant and up to date WHS qualifications and vocational education experience.
This course is a Nationally Recognised Training and applicants’ deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment for CPCCWHS1001 and a “Statement of Training”, this is used an interim copy of your competency in construction induction. A wallet sized construction induction card will be issued by Safe Work NSW within 30 days.
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course within 7 days of the course commencement the $50.00 course deposit will retained by Achieve Training and Assessment Services for administration fees. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided notice was given at least prior to the course commencement time.
In the event of a corporate client if Achieve Training and Assessment Services was not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training the full course fee will be applicable.
If Achieve Training and Assessment Services cancels the training course, and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.